Implanon NXT® is the only subdermal hormonal contraceptive system available in Poland. It releases a steady dose of etonogestrel (approx. 70 micrograms) for three years and thus provides almost 100% protection (failure rates ranging between 0.01% and 0.06%). It works by inhibiting ovulation and the cyclic maturation of the lining of the uterus (the endometrium). In addition, by thickening the cervical mucus, it creates an impenetrable barrier to the sperm.
- Implanon NXT® may be inserted only by a qualified doctor with the appropriate certificate (held by Femina-Med).
- The implant is usually inserted in women between the ages of 18 and 40, but not earlier than one month after giving birth or one week after a miscarriage.
- It can be used by obese women, smokers or those who cannot use two-component oral contraceptives.
- It is possible to get pregnant after removal of Implanon NXT® in the same menstrual cycle, or you can continue this kind of contraception by inserting a new implant for the next 3 years.
- Implanon NXT® is inserted under local anesthesia.
- All the details of the above procedure will be explained to you during the contraceptive consultation.